Gravity Teapot Brewer
Our Magic II gravity loose-leaf teapot brewer is a stylish, practical and easy way of making tea. It's portable and light so that you can brew your favorite loose-leaf teas anywhere. This elegantly designed BPA-free, heat-resistant, food-grade-plastic loose-leaf teapot has a permanent filter that's easy to use and clean. It's top-shelf dishwasher safe, but handwashing with a non abrasive soft sponge will keep the plastic looking crystal clear.
Rinse with hot running water prior to first use.
Our Gravity Teapot "Magic II" Brewer has the advantage of being transparent allowing nice viewing of your tea infusion color profile as it changes. Visually monitor your brew strength if you're not using a timer.
"Magic II" has that added COOL factor people notice and envy! This little gem is a real hit with work colleagues, friends and family, and a "must have" simple appliance for anyone who loves to travel with their tea and drink in casual style. Cleanup is a breeze and makes a terrific affordable gift that is memorable and used often for enjoying your beverage experience.
- Simply flip the hinged lid open.
Add your favorite TeaVantage loose tea into the teapot brewer. Suggestions below:
Allow boiled water to sit for a minute before pouring over the tea leaves so as to not scorch the tea leaves, close the brewer lid and steep to your desired taste - sample every minute to dial in the perfect flavor.
When ready to sample your brew, place directly onto the cup rim to trigger the brewer to release the liquid from underneath the brewer. Lift back up quickly to stop the flow.Sample your brew profile. If perfect, simply release the remaining tea liquor into your cup and fully enjoy your TeaVantage beverage.
Lifting up the tea brewer automatically STOPS the flow of liquid from underneath, so you can place your tea brewer on its drip tray, or another cup to share some tea with someone special. It's that simple!
- Beginning Tea Lover: Start with one teaspoon of loose tea - a little loose tea goes a long way.
- Advanced Tea Lover: Increase the amount of loose tea based on desired strength and quantity of tea to please your tea time enjoyment!
- If only serving one person, it's advisable to pour just enough water you will consumer per serving, so as to not over steep the tea leaves until you're ready for another cup. Sitting water on the tea will only overcook the tea if using Black, Green, White, Oolong or Pu-erh teas in particular. These types of teas sitting in water too long will continue to extract tannins making your tea too bitter to enjoy for the next serving.
- To achieve a perfect brew for your taste, try brewing for 1 minute, then sample to taste. If tea taste is too light, continue steeping for another minute and sample the liquor again. After the second minute of steeping, try tasting every 1/2 minute to dial in the ideal flavor you desire. Just like fine wine tasting, savor the aroma and then enjoy sipping. Don't forget to note down the steep time onto your tea package or tin, so you can remember the best taste profile timing for each type of tea you drink in your collection.
Don't throw away those tea leaves just yet. After you've had your first cup, pour more hot water over the same leaves and brew again. This time, brew your second cup a bit longer than the first and get another great cup of tea. Depending on your brew strength steeped, some can enjoy many cups of tea from the same tea leaves more than twice. The best part about loose-leaf tea is you get more brewed cups (or pots depending on your vessel size)
of tea out of whole leaf teas then you do with most store bought tea bags that are crushed or powdered. TeaVantage teas are a real value per cup.
(Steeping/brewing method suggested above is for Black, Green, White, and Oolong leaf teas. See "Extended Information" for steeping/brewing methods for our other teas like Rooibos, Ayurvedics, Fruits, and Herbals located on their individual tea product page.)